Heal the sick, raise the dead
Make the little girls talk outta their heads
candyheartsex 2026 ♡ 
07 Jan 2026
synergic: (my favorite part of the story)
Hello, dear Chocolatier! Thanks for writing for me.

General note: I give fic and art prompts separately, but the division is not that serious. If you want to draw a writing prompt or write a scene that could have been an image, by all means do.

Canon specific prompts:

The Summer Hikaru Died
(Tsujinaka Yoshiki/Fake Indou Hikaru | "Hikaru")


I came for the body horror and stayed for the weirdly wholesome (but still incredibly unsettling) vibes. I'm caught up with the current chapter releases (endless thanks to both official translators and fans for being so quick!) and down for whatever canon plot points you want to throw into the mix, but I will say... I'm way more invested in our leads than I am in all this Company business.

Fiction

  • • First, the SERIOUSLY up to the minute spoiler-y request, which I will black out in case you're not ready: Even if it stops being canon compliant within a week, I would still love to see someone explore the idea of "Hikaru" and Yoshiki being forgotten together. The inherent romanticism of escaping the narrative, am I right?

  • • More generally, this is a series where I just really want to get into the character's heads! 光が死んだ夏 is so long on atmosphere and so slow-paced that it doubles back around to feeling tense - I love that vibe and I think it's perfect for introspection

  • • I also really enjoy how pragmatic our leads are about the body horror ("feels like chicken," what) and am here for just the weirdest teenage fumblings, and the most inhuman narration, the funkiest displacement of feelings

  • • Canon is flirting with the idea of Yoshiki becoming something not human and I am here for that, especially as a visceral and physical feeling that effects either of our boys

  • • I am also very invested in the fact that Yoshiki has just been carrying a part f "Hikaru" around with him at all times, and what that might feel like for "Hikaru," emotionally or otherwise

Art

I love the look of this manga. The shading is incredible. The use of text? The way "Hikaru" and other supernatural elements become distinct graphic styles? Please play around with this if you've a mind. But if Mokumokuren's style is not yours, that's totally ok! In addition to more illustrative work, I'm also always down for the fun of ephemera -- seeing doodles and notes that are being passed in classes.

DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, AU settings

Note: I don't consider body horror to be the same as real-world ideations of self harm. If there's an outside force or a supernatural element, that's fine and wouldn't hit my DNW.

I'm also all right with a low-key background level of homophobia and comphet driving character actions. Like, that's just this canon, man. I do not want it to be the main focus of the characters' thoughts or a driving plot point. (IE: Yoshiki thinking there's something twisted about his attachment to Hikaru - fine. Yoshiki spiraling because a schoolmate called him gay - not ok, even if it ends in Hikaru/Yoshiki.)


Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
(Kikuhiko/Sukeroku; Miyokichi/Kikuhiko/Sukeroku)


This series got under my skin and never really left. It's such a brilliant treatise on storytelling as a way of life, and a way to keep life at bay. Shin, Bon, and Miyokichi especially. I think that all three of them look at the narratives the world expects for Man, Woman, and Relationships, and see the appeal... even though they know that, in one way or another, they don't fit the role.

I'm of two minds about this. One: that their angst is delicious, and two: that I desperately want a fix-it version of their lives.

Fiction

  • • Storytelling. Please, weave it in anywhere. These people speak to each other through the medium of classic texts and I am here for it.

  • • Likewise -- ghosts! Take the literal haunting of the narrative that Miyokichi and Sukeroku do, and amp that up as much as you want, or give it a more psychological bent. Either is good.

  • • It seems odd to describe happenings in the afterlife as future-fic, but... well, in their case it is. I know, we saw Bon cross over alone. It doesn't need to be that way forever though.

  • • And of course, the aforementioned fix-it request. Whether it's all three of them finding a way to make things work (“let's live in Master's house” -- my heart), or a twist of the tale that has Kikuhiko and Sukeroku stay together in their tiny apartment... Look, I really just want to read about Bon being happy

  • • This could be a stand alone request or an add-on to any of the above, but I would love some gender exploration and gender-fuckery. Miyokichi "I wish I hadn't been born a woman" and Kikuhiko "am I not like other men?" would be so much happier blurring those lines.

If you've noticed that I'm not really differentiating between Kikuhiko/Sukeroku and Miyokichi/Kikuhiko/Sukeroku -- true! My wants are very much the same either way, though obviously Shin and Bon have a longer history to draw on.

Art

I think that the idea of makeup as medium would be a really fun thing to explore for this canon. And, as always, I am here asking for series-related objects -- in this case playbills, records, photographs, and memorials all come to mind!


DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, AU setting

Note: for this canon, I am OK with mentions of the characters' self-loathing but would still ask that your story or art not be centered around suicidal impulses.

Explorations of sexuality, including the feeling of being somehow different, is also canon and totally fine - but again, I'd rather it not be the driving plot.


No.6
(Nezumi/Shion; Karan & Shion)


Oh look it's another series about the power of art and theater and living outside the excepted narrative, with bonus tearing down an oppressive regime. My heart is a simple creature.

Never thought I'd see the day, but we are living in a post-reunion world. Or at least, I am... But if you haven't had the opportunity to get caught up with the first two No. 6 - Reunion novels yet, it is not my intent to spoil anyone. I would be very happy to receive a story that only references the original series.

Fiction

  • • I love missing scenes and backstory expansions. Maybe stories from early no.6? Karan says Shion was an easy child... I say Really Now.

  • • Or if Nezumi and Shion are your focus, I am always, always here for a story about art and theater and how it weaves its way into Nezumi and Shion's relationships - not just with each other, but how it colors their worldviews - the balance between escape and empathy. You could literally just pick a book and have them debate its meaning and I'd love it, or weave the narrative into their tenuous life together, or either of them having a rediscovery of self, alone (and yes I include Nezumi in this - putting into practice what he's only read about and thought he understood? Please.)

  • • Speaking of, I'm so interested in the time Nezumi spent out in the world. We've heard bits and pieces of what the other cities are like and made reference to plot-relevant moments, but I feel like there is so much more to explore there. Thinking about it, Nezumi has never lived in a place that wasn't based on barter and blood. What was it even like for him, moving through more normal spaces? And, (since this is the relationship exchange and I don't have to feel bad about centering my ship) how did he carry Shion through it all?

Which feels like a decent segue, so... it's all Reunion prompts from here.

  • • We are so back and I want to see everything about the evolution of this place. Show me Nezumi exploring this new city that both is and is not the place he hated, and Shion seeing it through his eyes. Not big plot revelations (canon will get to those) -- I want to see the little things. People working to change their lives. Schools and shops and public spaces and even theater, parties (dances?) as a new community is taking root. In short, I suppose, I'm looking for the hope of it all. And how they feel about that.

  • • Or sidestep the emotional and address the physical. We are getting a lot of amazing moments in canon but I am not immune to throwing the metaphorical book across the room every time those boys get interrupted by the plot.

  • • ......also ok look sooner or later someone needs to address this breathplay thing thanks.

  • • Or if you would like to avoid the whole of whatever Reunion is going to be and jump to a year from now, outside the city, speculate on some (happy? ngl I hope it's happy) end, I'm ready for that.

  • • Karan as an observer POV would also be very welcome.

  • • Or Karan and Shion without Shion/Nezumi: she's clearly been one of his main pillars of support. Seeing that in detail, be it little acts of love or mother-son political planning, would be great.

  • • Or flip that script! What are the times Shion has supported his mother, since he's come back to her?

  • • Speaking of, I'd be here for addressing some intergenerational trauma and Karan finding her own way to talk to Shion about what life in No.6 was like for her, adult to adult.

Art

Do not get me wrong, toi8 is one of my very favorite artists. But I do wish that everyone's character designs could have evolved a little more for the Reunion illustrations and I would love to see your take on that.


DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, AU setting


Dreamboy
(Dane/Luke)


So, I went into Dreamboy post cancellation: knowing that I was going to love it, and that it was already gone. And I found the experience to still be completely and utterly worthwhile. I don't think I will ever find another podcast with such fabulous narration, eerie magic realism, and so damn gorgeously (hilariously!) scored.

But all the same— man! All those loose ends. What's in the deed to the zoo? What happens now that all the lights in pepper heights have been replaced? Why is Cora's basement pregnant? Will Luke ever get his backpack away from the Schmalenbergers?

As for Dane and Luke . . .

Fiction

  • • I really don't want the last Dreamboy encounter to be the end of their story. I'd love to see what happens to them now that they don't have a couple of horny fish urging them to hook up

  • • Or . . . don't they . . . ? Maybe the fish want dates? Who's to say?? Look I love every iteration of [x] made them do it, it's fine

  • • Follow Dane back to NY - have Luke visit him or move in?

  • • Or go long-distance! I love epistolary/social media-based formats. And I have faith in their creativity. But also faith in Dane's insecurities to make things as messy as you like.

Art

Dane works in music, Luke works in bruises. Something highlighting either of those mediums would be highly appreciated. I'm also going to make a rare-for-me request and say that given how little of this series has ever been visually represented, I'd just love to see any key moment as art!


DNW: Rape/Noncon*, Non-Canonical Character Death**, Focus on Suicidal Ideation, Alternate Universe Settings, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum

*I do want to note that I am totally fine with undernegotiated kink and the characters being fascinated with/exploring the boundaries of pain and what a person can physically take, in line with the canon story. I'm also lifting my ban on self-harm, for obvious reasons, but please treat it the way canon does.

**I mean, unless we're talking ancient history...... really ancient.


Ghost Quartet
(Rose Red/Pearl White)


I adore the structure of Ghost Quartet with its half-baked stories, past lives out of order, anachronisms, and the shift between magic realism and real magic . . . but my soft spot is for the girls.

Full disclosure, I wasn't the nominator for this canon and I'm not sure if they had a specific iteration of these two in mind. To me, Rose and Pearl are the closest things to names we have for the characters who are everything to each other (your sister and your mother and your lover and oh, Rose, I'm your little girl...) and I am happy to see any of those lifetimes explored. Cross-generation incest is not really my bag, but other than that I'm pretty open to anything.

Fiction

  • • I do love it when characters experience echoes of other lives and timelines, though. The reconciliation of past and present, especially when viewed as a second (millionth...) chance is catnip to me.

  • • "They had twins, you know." -- the story after the story? Is it better, or just another cycle of love and revenge?

  • • Or an entirely new relationship and romance, one of your creation?

  • • I've never been sure where shopkeeper Pearl fit into all this but I do feel like, given Rose was not with the subway driver yet, there's an opportunity for a moment there, mundane and memoryless or at the during the liminal-space slowdance.

  • • Looking at the Usher dialogue, we seem to have at least one world where Pearl is there as a ghost (and a mother. timelines are confusing) An exploration of a universe where one of the two is on a different plane but still intimately connected to the other, corporeal girl would be so interesting.

  • • Getting weird here... and dipping into twa sisters lore. Rose/Pearl-as-violin? It compels me.

Art

Canon references so many genres and mediums, pick one and run with it! Fairy-Tale illustration? Video Game? Gothic jumpscare? Children's drawings? Photographs of questionable artistic merit?


DNW: DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum

Note: removing my AU setting DNW because what would that even mean here?


Sleep No More


My usual opening spiel: The McKittrick Hotel is a dreamspace in real life, fluid in the way that only often-retold stories can manage. It's also one of my favorite places in the world, and always will be.

If you notice this section is formatted a little differently... it's mostly because I'm lifting from older letters.

Fiction

I'm attempting to practice restraint only allowing myself to add as many pairings as I can write specific prompts for, but I love everyone in this dark hotel. Feel free to reference any characters or 'ships your heart desires. Part of the great fun of SNM as a fandom is that the show is a framework that invites so much speculation, and I’d enjoy spending time in any character’s head.

Finally, I'm lifting my typical ban on AUs for this canon. Turns out I really enjoy it when people throw these characters into strange new worlds. Maybe what we are seeing is just one iteration of the hotel, but it could exist in any time at all?

(catherine campbell | danvers/lady macbeth)

Citing a specific scene here: that moment on the balcony just before the party, when Campbell agrees to Lady Macbeth's plot knowing full well that Duncan's glass is a poison cup. Why? I always think of it as a seduction of some sort, mental, magical, or physical.

Or go post canon... these women are the survivors, after all. What does that look like, together?

Other questions include: Who wore the lace nightgown? Has Catherine ever experienced that moment of luxury? Has she ever turned the tables on Lady M as well?

(Hecate/Agnes Naismith)

Right. I've officially written too many Sleep No More letters because I swear I've talked about this pairing before and I cannot find my blurb. But the polar opposites of it all! The lost outsider and the woman who plucks all the strings? That's a delicious spider-and-fly dynamic.

I wouldn't mind seeing it inverted, either, if you've followed an Agnes who you think knows more than she ought. Play this as Hecate's corrupting influence or break the cycle and have Agnes win -- through wits, through an appeal to a very old heart... who can say what might work?

Or... did Agnes live in town when she was younger? Has she encountered Hecate before? Could she have been a witch herself?

(bargarran/j. fulton)

These two characters are so down to interpretation that I would be happy with any combination, though I do enjoy a good opposites attract moment. But truly. Fulton can be anything from supercilious to earnest, Taxi can be harried to downright sociopathic. I will love this regardless.

Some recent thoughts: I absolutely loved the shrines the graveyard(hey remind me a lot of the stations of the cross that Punchdrunk had for The Third Day, but I cannot think of the word for that) All full of candles and tiny religious scenes and, occasionally, bones and blessings and curses. and I would like these two to meet there. Maybe because the usual timing of the night is out of joint, or simply on another occasion.

Another place I'd like these two to meet? The back of Bargarran's shop. Whether you think that 1:1 is a murder, a confession, or a desperate attempt to make someone complicit in whatever he's been up to, good or ill- I'm there for someone being Fulton and not an audience member

I also really enjoy it whenever Bargarran communicates through taxidermy. It's definitely his love/hate language and I encourage him. One of my favorite Fulton/Taxi interactions was when Bargarran somehow turned his pre-fitting into a glorious parody of Fulton's fabric dance with Agnes. Love a Taxi who's enjoying himself a little too much.

(banquo/macbeth)

I've definitely gotten the impression that Banquo, at least, is more than a little in love with his friend (was Lost Luggage always such a pining dance? And the leadup so intimate?) I'd love for someone to explore this. Make it unrequited or not. Some Macbeths are also very touchy, even leading up to the murder. (Or especially leading up to the murder - and there's a conflict of interests for you!) A haunting would also be much appreciated.

Art

For art, I honestly just love seeing what struck fellow fans while they were in the show! The whole thing is so cinematic that any moment could become a gorgeous still. But if you would like to take any of my thoughts above and distill them down to imagery, that would be wonderful as well.

I never want to dictate style to an artist, but noir posters, old photographs, creepy spilled tea or salt rorschach tests all come to mind. Mixed-media could be incredible, as could black and white video (or "video") footage.

I'm also not sure if this should count as fanart, fanfic, or both, but I am dying to sift through paper ephemera again.




DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum

Note: removing my AU setting DNW because thinking about alternate Sleep No Mores brings me joy. (If you go full coffeeshop I will have questions. I hope you answer them.)


Dickinson


I'm in love with the style of this show: the approachable modern voices and straight up anachronisms, coupled with the lushness of the setting and the poetry. And that soundtrack? Hilarious and amazing.



Fiction

(Emily/Sue)


  • • Any kind of epistolary fiction is welcome: prose, poetry, or poetry-in-progress. Describing the ridiculous ways Emily has found to send her letters through the years would also be fun. Maybe with puzzles and games for Sue? Maybe just ridiculous sneaking around the homesteads?

  • • Sketch (literally or with words) a moment when Emily and Sue found comfort nested together. This could be romance, or a mental exercise, or the kind of high-jinks we saw in Volcanoes (by which I mean the girls exploring everything and anything they shouldn't, but if you want to write me crossdressing then yes please that too.)

  • • I would prefer that you not throw the girls’ relationships with Austin back into crash-and-burn territory. In fact, if you decide to include him at all, I’d be much more interested in seeing them settle into a functional group later in life.

  • • Lean into the weirdness of this show and make Emily and Sue’s continued life even wilder. Emily stops leaving her room but starts astral projecting next door? The girls on a double-date with Death and the historical personage of your choice (or another nobody, that’s fine too.) Getting witchy in a more intimate setting? All excellent.

  • • Not really a prompt, but I mentioned I loved the anachronisms, many of which are music-based. Finding a way to express that in fic would be killer.


(Emily & Death)


  • • Fuck yes, carriage rides! Emily appreciating Death's work like nobody else, Death totally showing off but also showing up with the hard truths. I love these two and their ride while other people are dying relationship.

  • • I am cribbing from the Emily/Sue section but again: The girls on a double-date with Death and the historical personage of your choice (or another nobody, that’s fine too.)

  • • Emily haunts Death for once instead of the other way around.

  • • A seance ties Death somewhere. Could be the homestead, could be a neighbor's house. Maybe Emily has to fix things, or just keep from looking more unhinged than usual.


Art

Words are so much a part of Emily's relationships, and I would love to see them incorporated into your art! Whether it's a sea of surging phrases around the characters, your own interpretation of one of Emily's puzzle-like letters, or a visual rendering of a poem, a current song you find fitting, or even a specific emotion, I'm here for it.

I also love how Emily's dream worlds bleed into (and become?) reality, especially around Death. (I also love Death's sense of fashion and how Emily rises to meet it. Any/all characters decked out very much appreciated!)


DNW: Rape, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on Homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, Focus on Heterosexual Relationships for Emily or Sue (Austin semi-excepted as per the prompts. For Emily, I trust her in s2 when she says she's never been in love with a man, so I'm not vetoing Ben mentions - just don't make it romantic), Alternate Universe Settings


บ้านหลอน ON SALE | PEACEFUL PROPERTY


I cannot believe that I am not allowed to rewatch my ghostbusters show anymore. GMMTV is oppressing me personally. On which note, apologies for the repeat prompts! I hope they're still fun, and I've tried to sprinkle in a few new takes.

I'm also lifting my usual no AUs DNW. Frankly, I think these characters can stand up to other settings and still be themselves, and it would be hilarious to see this cast (or just the pairing of your choice) thrown together under other circumstances, be it a canon adjacent AU (Pangpang gets an internship at the law firm: it goes poorly, this time they are all the ghosts, normcore nobody sees anything supernatural at all but they still find each other, or plot twist Home was disinherited, grandpa left all the money to Kan as an apology!) OR something totally out there (they're a soulmate-seeking crew! a crack legal team! Home's a real prince? FAKE ghost hunters!? Kan seems most likely to come down with Hanahaki, I will not elaborate)

...possibly that should have gone in the prompts section. Sorry. Anyway, I'm excited if you want to flip the script on these kids.


Fiction

(Peach/Home)


  • • I just crave domestic/restaurant fic. Everyone's vision of what the business (businesses? we still ghost hunting?) will be are so much fun, but moreso with boyfriends.

  • • "You have to play hard to get" go Peach go I want to watch you do that.

  • • This show is ripe for a "ghosts made them do it" plot. What's "it"? Dealer's choice! I'm here for the creepy, the cheesy, the smutty, the ridiculous, the kind of romantic but oh no what if the other person is just going along with what the ghost wants… Or go serious introspection, this canon is secretly load-bearing. Seeing each other in someone else’s story is like, Peaceful Property’s whole thing and I am there for more of it.

  • • Canon gift wrapped Home as a ghost for me, but we could still spend longer on that. I don’t care if this is a new problem (these boys show a major talent for near-death experiences!) or an AU where Home doesn’t stop haunting Peach to go talk with grandpa, both have serious potential. So does Peach being the one temporarily back on the other side and giving an invisible but running commentary.

  • • I am extremely attached to the idea of Home being an extravagant gift giver. All the better if the gifts have absolutely wild implications that one or both of them don't clock, because they're idiots.
  • • That brief and beautiful moment between “wait for me, I have to talk to my family” and the first viral video dropping! You cannot convince me that Peach didn’t think he was about to get asked out, and I am there for any exploration on this.

  • • Or just generally Home speaking before he thinks - how many times CAN he tell Peach he's his world before Peach gets fed up with waiting for him to figure out it could be the start of a beautiful romance?

(Pangpang/Kan)


  • • Of the main foursome (fivesome), I feel like what's next for Pangpang is the least certain. I would love a story about her coming into her own with Kan's help.

  • • Kan's plot is much more resolved, but she deserves the world and candy and a girlfriend who will notice her taste and give her the things she wants. (And possibly a million other weird devices from Shopee too.

  • • Girl's night! Possibly while they are actually supposed to be ghost hunting.

  • • I was lucky enough to get this for HomePeach, but Pangpang and her audience are the funniest and I love the outsider view. If you gave me a story that was nothing but comments on her feed, I would be so happy -- and I feel like they would be even more relevant as matchmakers for the controller of the stream!


Finally, while there is no requirement to incorporate two couples into one story, I would NEVER say no.

Art

The potential for social media shenanigans is truly off the charts here. "Recreate" a "still" from one of Pangpang's streams (caught in the background and they don't even know it? Going public? Just silliness? All good!) or dive me further adventures on Instagram (yes I saw the director's fic), or show me what somebody using the power of photo filters for evil. Or cast yourself as the graphic designer for either GH Unlimited or Cooking Long Lasting! What graphics would Home commission? How telling is this promo packet? Huge potential for outsider shipping even in art.



DNW: Rape, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm (I’m ok with mentions of the subject regarding the ghosts Peach sees/ghost of the week stories - in line with what we get in canon - but please nothing from a character the narrative voice is aligned to), Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum


MuTeLuv ตอน หมอดูทักครับ |

Hello Is This Luck?
(Na/Leemai)


Muteluv as a collection has been my go to silly series of the season, and the over the top relationship drama of Hello Is This Luck? was no exception... But I'll be honest, this made my Candy Hearts list for the leads' exceptional chemistry.

Fiction

  • • My heart hurts for Leemai and I'd like to see the new Na do better by her. Personally, I took that "get home safe" exchange with mystery girl as some form of breakup-- if so, is three heartbreaks in a row enough to make her cautious? Could Na win her back?

  • • On the other hand, Na getting a taste of her own medicine while Leemai dates around (or maybe she only thinks that's what's happening) would be very fair and very funny.

  • • Or jump past all that, and give me their future as a couple. We saw so many moments where they proved they were good for each other and understood each other. I'd like to see that coda.

  • • Everyone in this series was ridiculous about their auspicious numbers. It's going to make any big decisions in life hell if either or both of them relapse (proposals? buying an apartment? kid fic? here for it)

  • • Leemai knowing her way around nightclubs and wlw spaces, and more of her introducing Na to either of those things, please!

Art

Leemai is an artist and I would love to see your take on her paintings or sketches. (Or her attempts at making Na do art, though Na strikes me as more of a powerpoint presentations gal.) I've also requested exactly one relationship, so you know I'm here for just some good old fashioned shippy stuff. Or fake IG posts! Or weird little mascot guys!


DNW: Rape/Noncon, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, AU settings



เขา...ไม่ใช่ผม | Not Me
(Black/Eugene/Gram)


I love this show as a work of protest and a thesis for change. I love this show as a ridiculously over the top drama about psychic twin bonds and terrible parkour. I contain multitudes. So does Not Me.

But OK, this might need some explaining.

Eugene really is the best girl, she deserves all the boys even though she makes it very clear she doesn't need them. I was actually extremely charmed by her relationship with Gram -- first friendship, then courtship. He's such a sweetheart!

At the same time, I don't buy that Gram didn't have feelings for Black. That study session? Come on. At the very least they were toeing the line into attraction, though it's hard to say if Gram realized it, and obviously we don't actually see much of how Black used to be around Gram. There's a lot of room to play around with that backstory.

And then there's Black, who pushed everyone away, friends and lovers alike. I love him as he is: driven, hurt, and just a terrible asshole about it, but I can't help but think that he needs Gene and Gram more than he knows. That goodbye scene right before the secondhand drowning was just so emotional, not matter how hard he tried to cut himself off from his feelings. And Gene loved him back!

Basically, I don't buy any of these three staying away from each other.

Fiction

  • • If you want to take my little manifesto up there (oops) and write out what happened next, I will love you.

  • • But given this is a drabble exchange, I'm also very down for handwaving how these three get together and just showing a slice-of-life moment. What is a relationship like with these three very different personalities? A date? An argument? Living together? Sex? Patching Black up after he’s done something reckless and/or tried to freeze them out? Anything's good, as long as we don’t end on angst.

  • • Black and Gram finally letting Gene in on the full details of one of their acts of protest before it happens -- maybe she even joins in?

  • • Or reverse this. Have her draw them into her world of protest art, as spectators or actual participants. Maybe one of them has a hidden talent for it? Or maybe they're both just really, really terrible and should go back to lighting things on fire.

  • • We already have inexplicable twin bonds. Allow me to suggest: inexplicable partner bonds. I haven’t requested Sean/White but they’re very welcome to tag along on this adventure (or any other, for that matter. There are no characters I dislike.)


Art

One of my favorite things about NM is the sheer amount of queer/protest art it manages to pack into each episode. I would love to see a fanwork in any one of the visual styles we see in the show (Namo or Dan's style but used as portraiture/storytelling, Yok's work as-is, graffiti generally.) Or something that calls back to Eugene's work in more subtle ways -- writing on skin, use of masks, something with a great sense of motion.

I've also requested exactly one relationship, so you know I'm here for just some good old fashioned shippy stuff. Or fake IG posts! Or weird little mascot guys!


DNW: Rape, Non-Canonical Character Death, Focus on Suicidal Ideation or Self-Harm, Focus on Homophobia or other intolerance of the sexual or gender spectrum, Vee Relationship (ie: I don't want Gram and Black to love/date Gene and not each other here!), Alternate Universe Settings

This page was loaded Sep 16th 2026, 3:09 am GMT.